Admission & Resources
Our Admissions Criteria
Low Acuity Behaviors Include:
- Resistive/Uncooperative/Combative with Care
- Verbal Abuse
- Physical restlessness/agitation
- Manipulative/Intrusive behaviors
- Obsessive-compulsive behaviors; hoarding/stealing
- Poor intake/Excessive intake/WIthdrawal
- Elopement issues
- Poor and unhealthy grooming/ hygiene habits
- Subjectively offensive behaviors.
- Disruptive vocalizing
- Problematic repetitious behaviors
- Is the person eligible for placement in an assisted living level of care?
- Does the person exhibit low acuity behavior problems that make it difficult for them to live in a more traditional care setting?
- Is the person diagnosed with or does the person have verifiable dementia, if considering the Dementia unit?
- Are the person’s medical conditions and required treatments within the scope of Austin House’s caregiving capabilities?
- Does the person have any history of violent behavior against peers or caregiving staff?
- Does this person have any history of suicide or self-injurious behavior?
Referral and Admissions…
All referrals are made to our Austin House Arizona Behavioral Liaison, Nicole Crothers at 602-616-1256, for evaluation.
WE CONTRACT WITH ALL ALTCS HEALTH PLANS…
Please involve your health plan case manager when considering behavioral placement!
For More Information Call (602) 352-0000 or contact us by email
FOR REFERRALS CALL (602)561-7401